Sunday, February 7, 2010

Going the extra mile

I intended to walk five miles today. And I did. Figured out another loop on the Tyus Park grounds that was 2.4 miles total. Did that twice, one lap around the .25-mile track and voila! Five miles. But wait! I'd made a pit stop and took off the backpack I carry on the long walks. As I was leaving the loo, I also left behind the backpack. The facilities are about 1/2 mile from where I was parked, so it took an extra mile to retrieve it. Voila! Six miles.

Soundtrack was Sounds of the Seventies: 1975.
You're No Good, Linda Rondstadt
Jackie Blue, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
That's the Way (I Like It), K.C. and the Sunshine Band
Must have got Lost, J. Geils Band
Sister Golden Hair, America
Why Can't We Be Friends, War
Philadelphia Freedom, Elton John
Black Water, Doobie Brothers
Love is a Rose, Linda Rondstadt
How Long, Ace
Dance With Me, Orleans
Free Bird, Lynnrd Skynnrd
You Are so Beautiful, Joe Cocker
Feel Like Makin' Love, Bad Company
Lady Marmalade, LaBelle
Pick Up The Pieces, The Average White Band
Island Girl, Elton John
Some Kind of Wonderful, Grand Funk Railroad
The Hustle, Van McCoy
Let's Do it Again, The Staple Singers

A few posts back, I mentioned posting some pictures. So I'm going to try my hand at it here. These are all at Tyus Park. Think of them as scene setters.

At left is be the sign at the entrance to the park. Below is the marker honoring Wyomia Tyus.


















This guy flew over me and landed in the tree, then watched as I walked past. That would be a red-tailed hawk, my friends.













This is the 1/4-mile walking track where I do most of my workouts.













Exercise area by the track. It has sit-up benches, pull-up bars and other stuff that I don't know the names for. I try to stay away from this area. Nothing but pain there for me.














Shot from half-way up the closest thing to a hill on the course.


And this is the play area that lacks all sense of scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment