Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cue the Sonny and Cher

It's Groundhog Day. Not much chance of General Lee seeing his shadow today. Punxatawney (or however you spell it) Phil, I don't know. General Lee's probably going to be tres irritated at having to come out of his hole in the rain. He'll say in his little groundhog language, "Welcome to Febru-ugly. Now leave me the heck alone."

My wife came home from the grocery store with a case of yogurt over the weekend. It had flavors in key lime, strawberry cheesecake, cherry and peach. I've now sampled them all, and they seem a fairly good sweet-tooth fix. The key lime tasted an awful lot like lime sherbet. Strawberry cheesecake didn't really have the cheesecake flavor. Cherry tasted like cherry. Peach tasted like peach. I'm OK with yogurt. Never been a huge fan -- I can walk past it in the store, unlike, say, the cereal aisle -- but I'll eat it if it's there.

Yesterday was a three-miler, one of them running. I was on the half-mile track, and the way I broke this up, there was a stretch where I ran the mile over the course of 1.25 miles (a quarter-mile walk between two half-mile intervals). I'm close to being confident I can run a mile without stopping, which would a small victory. Enough small victories and you've done something significant. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Soundtrack was the UGA Redcoat Marching Band, a collection of game day marches. Always gets me going.

Weight after exercise was 234. I had honey bunches of oats cereal with milk, coffee, coupla small chocolates, an Italian sausage hoagie with chips for lunch and home-made chicken noodle soup for supper.

YTD mileage: 81.

No comments:

Post a Comment