Monday, February 22, 2010

Off day

Today was day off from exercise. At least, from the walking and running variety. Got to carry a 50-pound PA system from the parking lot into a restaurant, so that's something, I guess.

I'll be back on the track tomorrow. I think I'm going to stick with 1.5 miles of running this week. Not altogether sure I'm ready to add another half-mile yet. I just feel like if I push it, I'm inviting injury and then I'm really set back.

The Peachtree Road Race registration day is a month out now (March 21) and I'm concerned, because that's the day of the last show of Nikki's play (she's in High School Musical). I'm involved behind the scenes. My concern is that Tyler gets in. He qualified for Time Group 1A with his run last year, and I don't want him to miss out on running at the front with no crowds to cut through. Me -- I'm confident I can get a race number off Craigs List or ebay. I'm going to start at the back either way, and my only goal is to get the t-shirt.

Tonight was off night because I did my trivia show at Truett's Grill in Griffin. I'd like to see more teams so this thing will keep going, but otherwise it was pretty smooth. If you're in Griffin next Monday, come on by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment