Friday, February 26, 2010

Round and round

Hit the Tyus Park track yesterday for 1.5/1.5, though I did it a little differently. Owing to my still-sore calf muscle, I simply alternated 1/4-mile laps. The leg held up ok. It didn't feel great but it didn't bark in protest, either.

Weight after exercise was 235. Intakes yesterday were chicken biscuit, hash rounds and coffee from Chick-fil-A, Mexican food at a mom-n-pop place in Tifton for lunch and chicken cordon bleu for supper. Yeah, that's a pretty indulgent food day. I promise not to make it a habit. It was kind of a circumstantial thing.

Moving along ... Saw a story earlier today about a group of chicken growers wanting to change the Georgia state bird to the Cornish chicken and dropping the brown thrasher, which they said was a migratory bird. "What has the brown thrasher ever done for Georgia?" they said, with the implication being that the chicken, with its economic impact, was more deserving. I guess there's some logic to that, and I also guess the poultry industry has something to gain from such a switch. Other than that, I'm really not sure what the point is. The only people who care what your state bird is are those playing trivia games. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It just seems a worthless exercise to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment