Saturday, January 30, 2010

Boo bip bip BIP bip boop boop booo yeah, And Reeses.

Rediscovered Mother's Finest the other day on Grooveshark and I plan to download "Another Mother Further" today. $8 on Amazon. Folks, if you can't feel good listening to this stuff, you just can't feel good.

Not that I'm hiding anything here, but confession time: I had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup after my workout Friday. I feel dirty. I feel like I let my legion of fans down. (Yeah, I know, that's overselling it a bit, but work with me here) I feel ... human. I also had a Pepsi yesterday, and discovered that if you have all but eliminated sodas from what you ingest, when you do have one, it packs a punch. Might as well have eaten a can of spinach. Yesterday was an apocalyptic food day. Chinese takeout completed the unholy, unhealthy tri fecta. Chicken with broccoli, fried rice, crab rangoon. Good stuff. Not sure it was good for me. But sometimes you just gotta. Breakfast was bacon, eggs, grits and a biscuit with OJ. Maybe makes it a tetra fecta, I dunno.

I know that there are schools of thought about food and fitness that carry the notion it's ok to eat something you really want every now and then, and I guess there's some truth in that, though I think it probably depends on your personality. If you're prone to binge-type behavior, whether it's with food, video game, web surfing or banging your drum, then the temptation of decadent food might be a slippery slope to fitness hell. On the other hand, if you have a level of self awareness that enables you to control the portions and step back into something healthy the next day, you can make the occasional culinary delight a reward for your hard work.

One mile run, two miles walked. This was one of those days where the time management of it was a challenge, but knowing that the weather today was going to be miserable, I made a point of hitting the track last night and just counting today as an off day. And less than 10 minutes after I finished, the rains came. Could be worse. I could live 150 miles north of here and wondering a.) when the roads would open and b.) when the power would come back on. Again had to fight off the urge to run a little extra. One more week, and I'll up the running portion to 1.5 miles barring any setbacks.

YTD mileage: 70. WAX: 235.

Soundtrack was another year from the Ultimate 70s collection: 1975

Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London
Eddie Money, Baby Hold On
Patti Smith Group: Because The Night
Meat Loaf: Two Out of Three Ain't Bad (didn't make it all the way through this one. Too sappy for my mood)
Nick Gilder: Hot Child in the City
Eric Clapton: Lay Down Sally
Foreigner, Hot Blooded
Joe Walsh, Life's Been Good
Steely Dan, Peg
The O'Jays, Used to be My Girl
Queen, We Are The Champions

I may just go year-by-year with this collection for the couple weeks. You get something different every day. But then, there's MF to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment