Saturday, January 9, 2010

One long day in the Emerald City

Not a regular day at all. Up early, flew to Seattle and got here by 11:15 a.m. local time. My exercise today started with the Atlanta airport. I guess I walked a half-mile or so to Councourse B. Then in Seattle another 1/2 mile or so from the gate to baggage claim. Once we got to the hotel, my coworkers Rick Treptow and Ryan Naquin (pronounced "Knock-can") walked the five blocks to Pike Place Market. Let me just say that the stories about that place are not urban legend. There's probably a hundred shops, bakeries, restaurants, the original Starbucks and the fish market. We saw some little flying fish. Thing is, people have to buy them for them to fly.

Had lunch at the Soundview Cafe. Food was pretty good. Views were very good.

True to my commitment, I hit the hotel exercise suite with Ryan. I made my first foray into elliptical training because the elliptical machines were on the lower level of the fitness center, and from there you can see the Olympic Mountains. Really nice view. I lasted 1.5 miles before switching to a treadmill on the upper level of the center and did another 1.5 miles. Tomorrow morning I'm walking the viaduct.

I haven't seen a scale, so not sure about the WAX. I haven't sweat that much in a while, though, and it was a good workout. Later, Rick and I walked around downtown.

Intakes: HBO. Pop Tarts on the plane. Barbecue Salmon Sandwich at the restaurant. One latte at Starbucks (how can I not?) and a chicken Caesar Salad for supper.

As for Seattle, it's pretty cool so far. I'm about to go back out and walk around to see if I can find a sports bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment