Saturday, January 16, 2010

Workin for the weekend

Three miles Friday. About to head out and walk this morning.

WAX: 238.
Friday food: Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. The true breakfast of champions, but I ate it only because we were out of Honey Bunches of Oats. Lunch was pizza at Slices in Griffin. Pepperoni, beef and mushrooms with my wife. I had two slices of leftover for supper. So there. Only a Stepford blogger could eat healthy every meal.

As for the exercise, I didn't feel any pain walking a brisk three miles last night, and the time of this is going to be difficult to maintain. Plus, I'd like to be sweating more even in the cold weather. So I'm thinking I'll up the intensity a bit if I can get through another week of pain-free walking. Yes, the R word. It's time for Jay to get back to running.

Here's the sort of random thought I wonder if everybody else has. I was stepping into the shower the other day and the water was too hot. This almost always elicits in my mind (I guess if it happens consistently then it isn't random) the yarn about the frog in a boiling pot. You know, if it's too hot, the frog will simply jump out. But if you put him in there in room temperature water and gradually bring it to a boil, he'll stay in. Add soap, and he'll be clean. Deceased, yes, but clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment