Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Last full day in Seattle

Spent a lot of time on my feet today. Hit the treadmill at 6 and got that three miles in . (Soundtrack: Montgomery Gentry, Some People Change album). Gotta tell you, the more I do on that treadmill, the more it seems like a good idea to get one of my own. Something to be said for exercising inside when it's nasty out. Anyway, I went over to the media work room and churned out a story for the company newsletter, then went and tromped all over the Pike Place market with the one of the TV crews here for the convention. Had lunch at the Steelhead Diner, where I found a piece of paper in my clam chowder. Only got a couple bites of that down. After lunch we trolled all over town on foot. Visited the Harley Davidson Store, a cigar shop and a couple other places (I was kind of along for the ride), then we walked to the Space Needle, which was about 20 blocks or so. Breakfast was eggs and bacon with a cheese blintz (back to cereal and the like tomorrow). Supper at a place called Lola; had a lamb burger with chickpea fries. Water to drink. It sounds kind of fru-fru to me, but it was good.

That scale in my bathroom at home may or may not be happy with me. I've gotten plenty of exercise here -- probably more than I would have gotten at home -- but my eating has been borderline indulgent. So, yeah. We'll be exercising some restraint moving forward.

Tomorrow's an off day for travel. I'll spend just about all of it on the plane, so I'm just going to bag the exercise.

This has been a fun trip, but I'm ready to go home.

I'm going to claim 31 total miles for the year at this point. Wasn't any way to measure all I did today, at least not that I had with me, but I think I'm fairly conservative making that call.

No comments:

Post a Comment