Monday, January 18, 2010

Enter the sandpit

Sunday was rest day. Had some soreness in my left foot I wasn't thrilled with and I slept a lot. Man's got to know his limitations.

I'd love to say that I had some intense training on a beach or in a sand pit or even a sand box here. Alas, "Enter the sandpit" was simply the first thing that came to mind when I sat down to write this. Psych.

There is, however, something new. Got my three miles in after I got home from work, and I added push-ups and sit-ups at intervals. Walk a 1/2 mile, do 25 of each. Did 75 push-ups and 65 push-ups. Yeah, I know, the math doesn't work out there. Got to 15 sit-ups on the last set and felt like I might hurt myself if I kept going. So I stopped. The perils of being middle-aged.

WAX: 239. Away we go on the roller-coaster. On the positive side, my stomach feels tighter. I'm not ready to take a punch in the gut from Kimbo Slice (or even Posh Spice, for that matter ...) but confidence is elevated.

Intake: Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast. Small piece of King Cake brought to work by my Bayou native coworker. It was good. It wasn't good for me. Leftover gumbo made by Bayou Boy's mom over the weekend. It was good. I'm trying to convince myself it was good for me. No sodas. Two cups of coffee. Baked turkey breast and some mac n cheese for supper.

Soundtrack: Aerosmith's Greatest Hits (if I had any Metallica, maybe I'd have gone with that). I let it loop around and listened to the album almost twice straight through, owing to the time added by the extra exercise. Getting out of bed tomorrow morning should be interesting.

Total mileage for the year: 40.

I was thinking about the Braves' new radio arrangement while I was walking. They're switching to 680 the Fan this season, and I can only hope they're somewhere on FM that I can pick up in Griffin, because the 680 reception here -- we're about 35 miles from downtown Atlanta -- is pretty spotty. I'm looking forward to walking and listening to the broadcasts, but I won't get to if I can't find them on FM.

Wonder when I'll get a comment ... Julia was really excited about hers in the movie, but then it turned out to be her mom. I doubt my mom is reading this ...

No comments:

Post a Comment